Students receive schedules for their 2017-2018 year

Another one bites the dust. Eighth grader and upcoming freshman Connor  Rosenberger is looking forward to starting his high school career.

Another one bites the dust. Eighth grader and upcoming freshman Connor Rosenberger is looking forward to starting his high school career. "It should be fun to be with all the older people and be able to hang out with them more," states Rosenberger.

Drew Snow

Drew Snow

Drew Snow, Reporter

On May 5, Meridian High School students received their schedules for the upcoming year, letting them know what classes they will need to prepare for the next school year.

Freshman Jacob Rhoads said, “I chose my favorite classes on the list and just want an easy year next year.” Rhoads is looking forward to his sophomore year and plans on having way better than he did last year.

Schedules were handed out in study hall, and when entering the hallway, things were a little chaotic. A lot of students were running up to each other excited to see if they had classes together. There was energy in the hall and many people were ecstatic to have their schedules.

Sophomore Rylie Casey is pleased with her schedule saying, “I like how it is spread out pretty evenly and not a whole bunch of hard classes right next to each other.” Casey is going into her junior year and likes the fact that she can consider herself an “upperclassman.”

Meridian offers a wide variety of classes. Students may try to choose classes based off of how hard they may be or may also pick classes exactly as their friends have so they can be in it together.

Junior Connor Hurelbrink mentioned,”I feel like it will be challenging, however, it will not be too difficult for me.” Out of all Hurelbrink’s classes, he had to make his schedule around journalism stating, “I love writing for the Meridian Daily and doing live broadcasts.”

For Meridian students, their year is almost over. Now that they have their schedule, it is on to the final stretch of the school year and after the summer break, they will be right back at it with all new classes and maybe teachers as well.