The future Chloe Herbert

Spencer Maxwell, Reporter

Chloe Herbert is attending SIUE next year, because it is a pretty place and feels comfortable.

You may have seen the senior, Chloe Herbert roaming the hallways of Meridian High School, but not for long because she will be attending Southern Illinois University Edwardsville next year. Herbert plans to attend SIUE because it is “a pretty place and it feels comfortable.” She was accepted to SIUE on September 21, 2016 and she will study biochemistry to become a pharmacist. After her college years she would like to live in Macon, Illinois because all of her family lives there.

In Herbert’s high school life she participates in numerous activities, such as volleyball, basketball, SADD, NHS, and student council. These are all the activities her best friend Amy Aukamp partakes in too. Aukamp is the president in the student council, while Herbert is the treasurer. Aukamp says that “Chloe is very organized in life and is very genuine in the things she says.” Outside of school Herbert helps her mom, the librarian at the Meridian Intermediate School, put books away. Herbert admires her mom the most because “she is a strong person and is always there for me” says Herbert.

Herbert states she is “very outgoing” and the first thing she wants to do when she gets to SIUE is to make friends and join a sorority. She is not sure who she will be living with, but wants to live in a dorm the first couple of years. Aukamp and Herbert have been friends since they were really young and when they both are on their way to separate colleges, Aukamp says “I don’t think it will hurt our friendship.” They both plan to stay in touch and make plenty of visits.