Moving because of accident

Parker+Shelby

Moving because of accident

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Parker Shelby

Larou de Jong, Reporter

In August of the 2019-2020 school year, Parker Shelby, freshman, started at Meridian High School. At his previous school, he was interested in scholastic bowl. He doesn’t know if he’s going to join anything at Meridian. “I don’t think I’m going to do scholastic bowl again, I’m going to wait and see what the future holds.”

He used to go to a different school, but after his mom had an accident and had to stay in the hospital, he had to move in with his dad. His mom is doing really well. Parker said, “I called her yesterday and she is already out of the hospital!”

Beside the fact that he is new at our school and it was a big thing moving here, he does like Meridian! He already made some friends and others seem drawn to him.

Heather Johnson, Meridian High School counselor talks positively about Parker. ”He is still a little quiet and shy, but he is a really sweet and nice boy.”

There are some differences between Meridian and his old school, but he believes he can get used to it.

The accident with his mom happened around the end of July. It was hard for him to move to his dad’s because he always had a lot of fun with his mom. After the accident, “I didn’t really know what to do I was scared and sad,” he said.

At home it is pretty quiet and calm, but everything is done now. Parker hopes that when his mom is fully healthy again, he can move back to his mom’s. “It is not that I don’t like it at my dad’s, but I always have so much fun with my mom,” said Parker.