Farewell class of 2019

Farewell class of 2019

Three seniors of the class of 2019 pose with their red cords, for giving blood three or more times.

Case Jaukkuri

Case Jaukkuri

Case Jaukkuri

Case Jaukkuri, Reporter

Graduation is coming up fast for the class of 2019, but where will they end up after that? What are their plans for the future?

Seniors will graduate on May 18, their lives are about to take off whether they go to college, learn a trade, or join the military. Some are excited and nervous, or they hope they don’t fail one of their classes.

Alexis Rosenberger has a plan for after high school, she will attend the University of Illinois in Springfield. She wants to study nursing, with plans to either become a nurse practitioner or a midwife. Rosenberger is going to miss high school, but ready to start a new chapter in her life.

Drew Snow will take advantage of the two free years at Richland Community College that Meridian offers. Snow will then take an apprenticeship after Richland that will last five years, so he can take over his dad’s business. His dad’s business is Clark Enterprise, they do plumbing and h-vac.

Snow said, “I’m still trying to finish the school year, so I haven’t really thought about it.”

Riley Brelsfoard has big plans after high school, he will travel far from home to finish his miltary training. Brelsfoard is in the National Guard and did his basic training last summer, this summer he has AIT (advanced individual training). That will last eight weeks long in Ft. Benning, Georgia.

When Brelsfoard gets back from AIT, he also will take advantage of the two free years at Richland Community College. After that, Brelsfoard will go to Florida to attend college, he plans to become a financial advisor.

These seniors are just three of many in the class of 2019, everyone has worked hard for years to graduate and it’s finally here.

If you look at the map above, it tells you where these three seniors will end up after graduation. Good luck to the class of 2019, enjoy the journey of life.