• Emma Jackson signs to University of Wisconsin-Platteville for basketball

• Buy tickets for Mamma Mia! at https://www.showtix4u.com/

The Meridian Daily

FFA on its way

Meridian+sends+16+students+to+the+19th+National+FFA+Convention+in+Indianapolis%2C+IN.++Next+year+Meridian+will+add+an+Ag+Program+to+coincide+with+the+FFA+organization.++%22It+was+really+cool+to+see+people+from+all+over+coming+together+for+something+they+are+passionate+about%2C%22+junior+Hailey+Thompson+said.+++

FFA on its way

Meridian sends 16 students to the 19th National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, IN.  Next year Meridian will add an Ag Program to coincide with the FFA organization.

Meridian sends 16 students to the 19th National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, IN. Next year Meridian will add an Ag Program to coincide with the FFA organization. "It was really cool to see people from all over coming together for something they are passionate about," junior Hailey Thompson said.

AJ Clapp

AJ Clapp

AJ Clapp

Mikayla Dahlkamp, Reporter

Alongside the Ag Program, MHS will add FFA, a national organization that helps students develop their potential for premiere leadership, personal growth, and career success through Ag education.

“It’s an internal part of the Ag Program,” said superintendent Dan Brue, “from my perspective it’s just another way that Meridian can broaden the horizon for some of our students and give them more opportunities, so when they get to their senior year and they can decide what they want to do, they kind of have an idea of what direction they want to start in.”

This year Meridian took 16 students to the 19th Annual National FFA Convention, allowing them to get a glimpse of what the organization consists of.

“The FFA field trip was a great opportunity to learn about all the things to do in the field of Agriculture,” said Austin Clark, junior.

Individuals that are a part of this organization will learn useful skills to implement into their own lives.

“Make yourself comfortable being uncomfortable.  Finding comfort in situations that make you uneasy is the fastest way to grow and get better.  Intentionally seek out things that scare you.  Become comfortable in them,” said Ian Bennett, FFA member who is featured in the brochure Meridian students brought home from the trip.