Hawks Hot Spot

Hawks Hot Spot

Cha-Ching! The Foods 3/4 has their financial Friday, coming up with new recipes to sell at the Hawks Hot Spot! Karena Ozier said,

Cha-Ching! The Foods 3/4 has their financial Friday, coming up with new recipes to sell at the Hawks Hot Spot! Karena Ozier said, "My favorite thing to make for the Hawks Hot Spot is Oreo truffles".

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson, Reporter

Do you miss out on the Hawks Hot Spot because it’s only open two days a week? Well, the popular after-school shop, known for their milkshakes, iced coffee, and baked goods, is now opening for a third day of the week!

Mrs. Warnick’s Foods 3/4 class has been running the Hawks Hot Spot for three and a half years now. She started the student-run business because she thought it was a good opportunity for them.

“My new classroom had a window in it so it was meant to be,” Warnick said.

The Hot Spot, now open every Tuesday and Thursday, is expanding and opening on Wednesdays. Except, instead of the Hot Spot being run by the Foods 3/4 class, it will be run by the food science class. Food Science is a class that is now required before you can take Foods 3/4. It introduces students to the Hawks Hot Spot so they are more experienced coming into Foods 3/4.

“I’m excited to learn how to cook, and I think it will be a fun class to take my senior year,” Rylie Casey, a food science student said.

Audrey Wise, a regular at the Hot Spot, says her favorite thing to order is the iced coffee, and she is excited for them to open an extra day of week.

The Hawks Hot Spot will start opening on Wednesdays starting the second week in February. The first week they re-open from Christmas break they will sell chocolate chip cookie dough dip, puppy chow, scotcharoo’s, and fruity rice crispy treats.