Spring fever at Meridian

Spring+fever%21+Spring+is+officially+here.+Students++share+their+opinions+on+the+season.+%22I+really+love+the+spring.+It+gives+me+opportunity+to+finally+go+outside+and+have+some+fun%2C%22+says+senior+Zach+Habermaas.+
Spring fever! Spring is officially here. Students  share their opinions on the season.

Spring fever! Spring is officially here. Students share their opinions on the season. "I really love the spring. It gives me opportunity to finally go outside and have some fun," says senior Zach Habermaas.

domeckopol

domeckopol

Austin Durbin, Reporter

Spring fever is coming, and with that comes change. Meridian students and teachers share their thoughts on the season and how they’ll be spending it.

Spring may not be everyone’s favorite season, but some people really love this time of year. Whether it’s for the beauty spring brings to nature or for all the sports coming around the corner, no matter what you like about spring, it’s a time of change and renewal.

Mr. Cloe is one of the science teachers at Meridian. Spring may not be his favorite season, but he still enjoys it. “Winter is finally over. I can get outside and get more active. I hate being sedentary and bored,” says Cloe. 

Ms. Campbell, a teacher at Meridian, and senior Brittany Miller both like summer, but they also really enjoy spring. “The days start to get longer, the weather gets warmer, the leaves come back on the trees, the flowers bloom, and the grass is green instead of brown. Everything is brighter and prettier in the spring. It definitely improves my mood,” says Campbell. 

I like spring because my birthday is in April, and it happens to fall on Easter this year,” said Miller. 

There are many things to do during the spring, like watching baseball or track. Some people may prefer to just take a walk outside and enjoy the fresh air. “I prefer to spend my spring busy doing things, whether it’s working or just going out to lunch with friends,” Miller adds. Campbell also mentions that she likes to do anything as long as it’s outside.

So take some time to get out of your house and just go outside. You never know what will come your way.