Another record in the books

Bang! The Meridian Hawks track team places 6th overall as a team at the CIC meet. Brown said,

Bang! The Meridian Hawks track team places 6th overall as a team at the CIC meet. Brown said, "It's crazy that we set the 4x200m relay record, and I hope we continue to keep setting records until the season is over."

Cameron Getz

Cameron Getz

Cameron Getz, Reporter

The boy’s track and field team competed at the CIC meet on Tuesday, May 8 at Sullivan.

The Fab 4 of the Hawks relay team does it again by setting the conference record for the 4×200, running a time of 1:31.22. Nate Durbin, Marshall Brown, Cameron Getz, and Korey Damery have been setting records all season long for the Hawks. They have set two school records which consist of the 4×100 meter relay and 4×200 relay.

Durbin states, “it’s crazy we have been putting up these times and setting all kinds of meet and school records, I am really excited to see what we can do in sectionals and state.”

The Hawks also did well in other events at the conference meet. They placed 4th in the 4×100 relay, which was a neck to neck finish with 2nd through 4th place finishing within tenths of a second of each other. They also won the 4×400 meter relay finishing with a time of 3:31.77.

Korey Damery claims, “I’m really excited to see how we can do if we go to state, but it is also a sad feeling realizing I am running out of meets with the other three guys.”

The Hawks also had solo events that placed well. Marshall Brown placed 2nd in the 200 meter open, and Cameron Getz placed 1st in the high jump with a jump of 6’7″, and that jump gives him the conference record.

Marshall Brown said, ” I feel like we had a really good conference meet and my goal for sectionals is to make it to state in all relays and my 200 meter open.”

The Hawks will have their sectional meet on Thursday, May 18 at Shelbyville, which will decide whether or not they make it to state.