Turned off by playoffs

Set! Hike! As he is about to unleash his first practice throw to be the Jaguar's new quarterback, senior Ian Carnahan says,

Set! Hike! As he is about to unleash his first practice throw to be the Jaguar's new quarterback, senior Ian Carnahan says, "Blake Bortles is no where near Tom Brady's level." Carnahan realized he is not either, and threw the ball in his car.

Spencer Litteral

Spencer Litteral

Spencer Litteral, Reporter

With Super Bowl LII coming up this Sunday, February 4, some people seem to have strong feelings about how the playoffs turned out this year.

“The parts of the playoffs that really upset me?” Ian Carnahan asks himself as he prepares a mental list, “It upset me the Seahawks didn’t make it in, the Falcons beat the Rams, the Jags lost, and the Saints lost to the Vikings. However, I was happy when the Titans beat the Chiefs. Overall, this was just a slippery slope to me being sad.”

The upset often seemed to span from the Jaguar’s loss to the Patriots, because this means the Patriots will go to another Super Bowl. This is Tom Brady’s eighth Super Bowl appearance. One person who specifically does not like him is Spenser Lacox. He says Tom Brady is not good, he is just a “system quarterback,” and it’s the coach Bill Belichick who has won the games.

Micah Sheppard does not like the idea either. “I don’t like it. I don’t like the Patriots. They are overconfident.” Then, after a moment of silence, Sheppard says his real opinion, “They’re cheaters!”

It seems like the mutual hope between Carnahan, Lacox, and Sheppard is for the Eagles to win. Although, they all think the Patriots will actually win.

With talk about the league being rigged, the three may be right about their predicted winner. “It is a business, so there is always room for things to go on politically within the sport,” says Sheppard.

Ian Carnahan also attempts to speak for the fans and says, “I think we want to see something new in the Super Bowl. Year after year, seeing the same AFC teams, we just want that one year it is not about Tom Brady. It feels like every year is about Tom Brady.”