After seven years, it all comes to an end

Layne Kircher

Mattie Williams, Staff Reporter

After seven years of playing volleyball, the sports careers of four girls comes to an end. Volleyball has been a big part of their lives for the past few months. Now that the end is near, the  girls will have more time on their hands.

For one senior, Maggie Comerford, free time will not happen. She goes from volleyball, straight into basketball, and then softball. Comerford is an exceptional three-sport athlete. Comerford is sad that volleyball must come to an end after seven years, but is excited to begin basketball and states that “We have had a rough couple years but I am confident that we can do good things this year!” Even though she will miss volleyball, she is looking forward to moving on to basketball.

The second senior, Mattie Williams, doesn’t lace up the athletic shoes again until the spring, where she competes in the throwing events in track and field. Because Williams does not have a sport coming up right away, she’s not sure what she will do with her free time. She hopes to hang out with her friends most of the time. She is happy with how the season went and reports that what she will miss most about volleyball is getting to be around some of the girls on the team everyday.

The third senior, Taylor Largent, says that she is disappointed that volleyball is coming to an end because she will miss being around the three other senior girls everyday. Overall, Largent is happy with how the season went and only had a few things that she would change. Just like Comerford, she is excited to begin basketball. Largent has set out a year from basketball, but states, “ It’s going to be tough getting back into it after sitting out a year, but I’m ready, it’s senior year.” When Largent isn’t playing basketball she plans to eat, nap, and hang out with Williams.

Hannah Gilson, is the last of the seniors. She is happy that volleyball is coming to an end. Gilson regrets not having a winning record, but overall was happy with how the season went. Gilson does not play basketball, however, she is the captain of the cheerleading team. She has been to all of the cheerleading events throughout the volleyball season. Now with volleyball coming to an end, she plans on putting her full effort into cheerleading and  hopes to become the best captain she can be.

Through the season the four girls became closer than they ever had before. Knowing that it will be much harder to stay close now that the season is coming to an end, they plan on working hard to stay close with each other.