Christmas fun in Macon County

White Christmas lights are hung up in downtown Decatur to celebrate the holidays.

Emery Johnson

Emery Johnson, Reporter

Breanna Evans

A few of the Christmas activities in Macon County this year are the Christmas Walk, Cranberry Christmas Craft and Vendor, and Christmas Tea at the Oglesby Mansion.

The annual Decatur Christmas Walk will take place on Dec. 4, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Anne Lloyd Gallery.

At the Christmas Walk, you will be able to purchase handcrafted gifts from more than 50 area artists. There will be punch, baked goods and musical entertainment from 2nd Wind Flute Ensemble,  Millikin University’s Concert Youth Chorale,  Millikin University’s Cello Choir,  Eisenhower High School’s Concert Choir, and Decatur Youth Symphony Orchestra (ensembles).

Another event you will be able to purchase gifts at is the Cranberry Christmas Craft and Vendor.

Cranberry Christmas Craft and Vendor will take place on Dec. 6 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Blue Mound Civic Center.

There will be over 40 vendors and food available.

If you want to go somewhere a little fancier, I suggest Christmas Tea at The Oglesby Mansion.

Governor Oglesby’s Mansion is located at 421 W. William St. in Decatur. The tea will be held on Dec. 8 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m..

The mansion will be decorated for the holidays and food and tea will be served. No reservations are necessary but it does cost $2 a person.

There are many options for family friendly holiday fun in Macon County this year!