Senior szn

Chad Mitchell Photography

Chad Mitchell Photography

Lydia Wiggins, Editor-in-Chief

Everyone knows senior year goes by in a flash and getting senior photos scheduled can be pretty tedious. The last day to have your headshots done in order to be in the yearbook is Thanksgiving [November 22]. The Meridian yearbook staff doesn’t want to leave any senior out–that’s where Chad Mitchell Photography comes in.

“I graduated from Millikin in 1996, but I only shot product photography at that point. In 2003, I shot my first senior photo session, and I really fell in love with photography at that point,” said Chad Mitchell, photographer, who has been taking photos with a degree for twenty-two years.

Chad Mitchell Photography is Meridian’s contracted photographer for senior photos. In order to be in the senior section of the yearbook, your headshot must come from him.

“Regarding senior headshots, I think it’s something very important that seniors should do and take the time to do it right.  While it may seem trivial or possibly unimportant during your senior year among the list of things to complete,” said Mitchell. He is also offering 10% off your first sitting fee in October!

Hanna Craft, Meridian senior, has gotten her full senior pictures done with Chad and seemed to have a great session. “Never be afraid to blurt out ideas you might have, Chad is up for anything. I think he is very passionate about what he does, and he will try any ideas you might have,” Craft said.

I went to get my headshots done September 24 and had a quick and pleasant session. He took my headshots in the comfort of his own home and I was amazed by the endless amounts of backdrops he had stored away. Chad seems to be easy going and will shoot only what you think is best. I may have been scrutinizing every aspect of the shoot in order to write this article, but he was up for the challenge.

“I truly want every photo to be the best, and I want every customer I photograph to walk away loving their photos.  To that extent, I’m always more than willing to do just about anything to make the perfect experience,” Mitchell said. “I absolutely love what I do for a living, and I’ve had numerous people tell me they can see that in my work.  I think that’s one of the highest compliments.”