The spectacular Spectaculathon

Backstage pass. I sit on the side of the stage watching the show as it goes on and communicating back and forth with the light and sound booth. I can see the show from all angles and can make sure it all goes smoothly. Director Sheila Moore says,

Backstage pass. I sit on the side of the stage watching the show as it goes on and communicating back and forth with the light and sound booth. I can see the show from all angles and can make sure it all goes smoothly. Director Sheila Moore says, "it allows for the stage manager the opportunity to be back amidst the actors."

Corryn Brock

Corryn Brock

Corryn Brock, Reporter

What happens when the princesses stop being kind and start being real?

The Brothers Grimm Spectactulathon narrators compile several of the well-known (and not so well-known) Brothers Grimm fairytales and tells them in a reverse sequence so it is a larger story connecting them all.

After a dress rehearsal with minimal errors and maximum laughter, I believe anyone who attends the show will see the amount of effort and time that went in to make this show as humorous as possible. The few mistakes that were made were quickly solved and actors worked around dead batteries and costume malfunctions to keep the show on track. Given the hours and months of dedication, I fully believe no matter what age group you are in or type of humor you have, everyone will enjoy The Brothers Grimm Spectactulathon.

Each cast member has the opportunity to shine in this show and the division of the show into smaller stories gives them all the chance to let their personalities show. Senior Karena Ozier says, “I think this show really shines the spotlight on actors people haven’t seen that much from before.”

Senior Jake Deetz says, “I like this show because it is hilarious and we’ve all worked so hard on it. You can tell by how we got into our characters and our costumes are so accurate and the makeup is top notch.”

As Stage Manager, I tend to be critical of the actors in our program so they can work to be the absolute best they can be. I can say without a doubt that all of them have made me very proud, and I would recommend that everyone come and see the show. It’s a funny show with something for every audience member to enjoy.

From new faces like Cameron Getz and Nate Durbin taking the stage to old favorites like Karena Ozier and Ian Carnahan you will love the assortment of roles MHS students will be filling. Show nights are Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5 at 7:00 p.m, and the house will open at 6:30.