• Emma Jackson signs to University of Wisconsin-Platteville for basketball

• Meridian graduation set for May 18, 5pm

The Meridian Daily

Senior night baseball

Senior night baseball

On May 10, the baseball team praised their seniors one last time. Clark said,

On May 10, the baseball team praised their seniors one last time. Clark said, "It's going to be different without you guys in the field next year. I'll miss it."

Wyatt Latham

Wyatt Latham

Wyatt Latham

Kyle Farmer, Executive Producer

Baseball

On May 10, the Meridian baseball team had their annual senior night. They played St. Teresa High School, all though they lost, it was definitely a night to remember. There were five seniors, all seniors have played for four years.

The first senior is Drew Snow. Snow started third-base in the regional game against Maroa-Forsyth his freshman year. Snow said, “I felt disappointed with how we performed and know we should have done better.”

The final score of the game was 20-10. At one point in the game, Meridian had the lead of St. Teresa cut down to just three runs but their defense just couldn’t hold.

The second senior was Evan Dawson. Dawson, like the baseball team, did not give up, and while even when down by eight-runs, the team still had fun. Dawson feels that next years seniors should not have to plan their own senior night.  The first time Dawson played varsity was his freshman year.

Next was Kyle Farmer, Farmer was glad that his friends and family were there to support him. His first time playing varsity was the junior year he pitched three innings against Maroa-Forsyth.

Matt Sanders is also a senior. Sander hit his first high school home run this year. Sander said, “Senior night was a great experience. I didn’t really care for the formalities, but the walk up music was a real plus. It was a fun game because how offensive it was, but kinda frustrating because we lost.” Sander’s first time playing varsity was the sophomore year when he played second base.

And last was Riley Brelsfoard, who thought the senior night was one he will never forget. His first time ever playing varsity was last year.

Austin Clark said, “It’s going to be different without you guys in the field next year. I’ll miss it.”

The baseball team will be taking on Arcola for regionals. Come out and support the team. As the seniors will play their last game on the Meridian baseball field.