• Emma Jackson signs to University of Wisconsin-Platteville for basketball

• Meridian graduation set for May 18, 5pm

The Meridian Daily

MVP…MVP…MVP

Tyler Ward, Reporter

The 2018-2019 NBA season is coming down to the end with the playoffs right around the corner. Talk of the MVP (Most Valuable Player) is starting to rumor around the league.

The MVP is decided by voters around the world. As of March 5, the KIA MVP ladder [http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder] says that Giannis Antetokounmpo, a 6’11” 242 pound Small Forward for the Milwaukee Bucks, is leading in the MVP voting.

Fans gave Antetokounmpo the nickname “The Greek Freak” due to the way he plays and also the difficulty of pronouncing his name correctly. He is also from Greece.

Antetokounmpo is, as of March 11, 27.2 points, 12.7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.4 blocks per game. The Milwaukee Bucks also hold the first place spot in the Eastern Conference with a record as of March 11, 50-17.

“The man is just insane, the mans scoring averages in the last 2 months, nobody else is even close to the level he is on,” said Danny Ward an NBA fan said in regards to the number two MVP candidate, James Harden.

James Harden is a shooting guard for the Houston Rockets. Harden averages 36 ppg, 7.5 apg, 6.4 rpg, night in and night out. Harden has six fifty point games this season and 2 sixty point games.

Harden averages 27.7 points per 3 quarters, that would lead the league in points per game. Harden also averaged 43.6 points per game in the month of February.

Ward said, “Who else has this kind of offensive punch for his team.”

James Harden leads the Houston Rockets with a record of 47-28, 4th best record in the Western Conference.

The NBA Season is not yet over but is coming to an end, the stakes are high and the postseason is on its way. Playoff spots are being clinched, who do you think will win MVP?