• Donate to the blood drive on Friday

• Kyler Kantor signs to Illinois College for football

• Buy tickets for Mamma Mia! at https://www.showtix4u.com/

The Meridian Daily

Dominating Dawson

Get+it.+Evan+Dawson+shows+his+athleticism.+Dawson+scored+27+of+the+teams%27+goals+for+the+season.+%22Quiet+confidence+and+patience.+Evan+knows+that+missing+a+shot+or+making+a+bad+pass+are+part+of+the+game.+You+can%27t+let+the+failures+get+you+down+and+you+have+to+work+hard+at+every+opportunity+because+the+next+could+be+successful%2C%22+said+Dawson%27s+coach%2C+Matt+Rund.+

Dominating Dawson

Get it. Evan Dawson shows his athleticism. Dawson scored 27 of the teams' goals for the season.

Get it. Evan Dawson shows his athleticism. Dawson scored 27 of the teams' goals for the season. "Quiet confidence and patience. Evan knows that missing a shot or making a bad pass are part of the game. You can't let the failures get you down and you have to work hard at every opportunity because the next could be successful," said Dawson's coach, Matt Rund.

Chad Mitchell Photography

Chad Mitchell Photography

Chad Mitchell Photography

Sydney Moore, Reporter

Evan Dawson, a senior at Meridian High School, was named to the boys’ first team all-area soccer team.

“The best people in our conference get picked, and then it would be the dream team that everybody would want. So it’s the best players from each team…and that’s the first team,” said Dawson.

Dawson has played since he was four years old and plays left striker. He plans to move on to Greenville University to continue playing; if possible, he hopes to play professionally.

“His future will be what he chooses and I will support that decision. He definitely has the skill set to play at the next level but with an engineering degree he will have to find his balance for success. I will be cheering him on with whatever direction he takes,” said Angela Dawson, Dawson’s mother.

Dawson is not only recognized for his abilities outside of his home field but by his coach as well. He received the Most Valuable Player award and the Most Goals Scored from Meridian’s coach, Matt Rund.

“Evan is hardworking and coachable. He asks for feedback on his performances and uses it do individual training outside of our team practices. This led to his success as an individual and to our team’s record this season,” said Rund.