Lip Smackers

Shyanne Piatt, Reporter

https://app.flourish.studio/visualisation/289776/edit

Meridian Middle school students set up a presentation to explain what the Lip Smackers drive is about. The presentation gave the students a more personal touch. The purpose is to make students want to donate and get involved more. 

During April 1-12, 2019, Meridian Middle School students will collect Lip Smacker brand lip balms which would be used on the masks being made by students. Therefore the masks won’t smell like plastic and scare the children. MMS is also able to collect crayons for the hospital. MMS Staff would prefer new boxes of crayons that are no bigger than 24 counts. 

For every box that is donated, students will be entered into a drawing for a prize at the end of the drive.

Meridian Middle school students are to collect 500 lip smackers for the hospital. Friday alone MMS collected 200 lip smackers. 

Mindy McGuire, Meridian Middle School Math teacher said, “Student council May be willing to donate treats for that afternoon.” 

During April 15-19,2019, Mrs. Pramuk will take 3-4 students to deliver the collection of items on Easter weekend. Meridian Middle school really prides itself in taking apart in the community, students are really working to achieve our goal. 

A poster showing progress is located next to the concession stand for the two week period.

Ashlyn Horcharik, a Meridian Middle School student said, “I think it’s great that students are so involved and really striving to reach our goal.”