Nashville bound- band and chorus trip, 2019

All+aboard.+This+is+the+form+parents+must+sign+for+their+son+or+daughter+to+go+on+the+trip.+Ms.Dowd+says%2C+%22It+will+cost+%24555+dollar+per+person.%22+
All aboard. This is the form parents must sign for their son or daughter to go on the trip. Ms.Dowd says,

All aboard. This is the form parents must sign for their son or daughter to go on the trip. Ms.Dowd says, "It will cost $555 dollar per person."

Kyle Farmer

Kyle Farmer

Kyle Farmer, Reporter

The Meridian band and chorus groups are planning a trip to Nashville in 2019, for three days, from May 28 through May 30.

Chorus teacher Ms. Dowd stated, “The trip will cost $555 a person.”

Band teacher Mr.Hicks adds that the music boosters will help organize how much everyone owes, along with helping fundraise.

The trip will start out at 5:30 am at Meridian High School and leave for Nashville. For those who register, you will depart at 6:30 am, but the bus will land in Nashville around 1:30 pm. On the first day, kids and chaperones will get to shop for about two hours. Then, after that, they will go tour RCA’s Studio B, where Elvis recorded 262 songs. And the students will get to record a song and receive a custom CD. Then, they will go to dinner from 5:15 pm to 7:45 pm, but also during that time, students and chaperones will get to shop. Then, back to the hotel for the night.

The next morning, students will leave at 8:15 am and tour the Country Music Hall of Fame, then go and tour Belmont Universty, eat lunch at the Wildhorse Saloon, and maybe do some line dancing. Later is a tour of the Grand Ole Opry, where that night, Meridian students will perform and watch the Grand Ole Opry show.

Hicks says, “Performing at the Grand Ole Opry is a great opportunity, and in my opinion, is the most educational trip we could have chosen.”

Student Keely Kirby has gone on the Flordia trip, plans to go on the Nashville trip, and says, “I loved going to Nashville. Last time I went, it was so pretty. I can’t wait to go again.”

On May 30, they will depart from the hotel at 9:15 am, go for lessons with James Dean Hicks. Afterward, there will be 45-minute tours of The Parthenon. Then, lunch and shopping and the district Downtown Nashville, leaving for home that afternoon at 2:30.

Chaperones must be 21 years old to go on the trip. If you have any questions, you can email Ms.Dowd at [email protected] or Mr. Hicks at [email protected]