Entrepreneurship trip

The entrepreneurship class plans to attend the DAX trade show at Tinley Park, IL. The students thought it'd be a great idea to put the extra money they make from shirt sales to use.

The entrepreneurship class plans to attend the DAX trade show at Tinley Park, IL. The students thought it'd be a great idea to put the extra money they make from shirt sales to use. "I can't wait for the real world experience. I can't wait to see ways we could help our class," said senior, Jessica Morgeson.

Dylan Reed

Dylan Reed

Dylan Reed, Reporter

The newly added entrepreneurship class has made over $7,000 in profit this year, and they plan on using the money to learn what they can about making apparel and running a business. On April 27 of this year, the entrepreneurship class plans to go to DAX (Decorated Apparel Expo) in Tinley Park, IL.

DAX is a trade show where vendors sell equipment and apparel and put it on display. According to their website, this year is claimed to be the biggest year yet for DAX. A few of the companies to take the main floor will be Stahls’, Gildan, and Transfer Express.

The students will also be able to attend seminars and workshops to learn print and design techniques. “They will learn about the latest technology and equipment used in apparel decorating. They can test the equipment as well,” said Tricia Campbell, teacher of the class.

Senior Jessica Morgeson said, “I can’t wait for the real world experience. I can’t wait to see ways we could help our class.”

The money for all of the expenses will be paid out of the Meridian entrepreneurship class account, so the students will not have to pay a dime. “I think we will learn a lot of things that we just haven’t quite gotten to yet in class,” said junior, Baylee Coffman, as she jumped with excitement.”I am stoked about it, I’ve been thinking about it every day.”