Seniors’ last day

Field day! Seniors pose at the senior field day on Monday, May 15. This day was meant to be a fun break for the seniors. Michael Osler states,

Michael Osler

Field day! Seniors pose at the senior field day on Monday, May 15. This day was meant to be a fun break for the seniors. Michael Osler states, "this is a fun and exciting time because they get to leave but it is also sad because things aren't the same after high school, I won't get to see all my friends so I'm kind of conflicted."

Hannah Morrow, Reporter

The 2016-2017 school year is coming to an end, and the last day for the seniors is just around the corner.

Senior Audrey McConnell said, “It’s kind of bittersweet, like four years of high school goes so fast and its like we are adults now and can go out and explore the world but I will miss people.” McConnell is looking forward to taking a year off and doing 2 years of school at Richland Community College for business and make-up art, adding that she will start her own business. McConnell is also looking forward to late summer nights, sleeping in and doing whatever she wants. She says she is not sure who she will miss the most but she will miss a couple of people.

Michael Osler said, “This is a fun and exciting time because they get to leave but it is also sad because things aren’t the same after high school, I won’t get to see all my friends so I’m kind of conflicted.”

“I’m going to the Illinois National Guard.  Shortly after school is out I will go to basic training and AIT, then I will come back and find a part time job and just live life,” Osler stated. “This is the end, the end of the beginning of my life.”  Osler will not single one person out that he will miss.  Everyone has benefited him and he will miss everyone.

Alex Crackle stated she is not really sad that the last day is coming so soon. “I’m going to get a business degree and become a police officer,”  Crackle states. She adds she is looking forward to sleeping in over the summer and playing with her puppy, and that she’ll miss Ms. Mulaney and Coach Williams the most.

In the next few days, the halls of Meridian High School will be empty once again and the seniors will be moving on to bigger and better things.