Ride Along 2: Was it worth the hype

After  watching Ride Along, I was hoping for  a squeal. When I saw the first trailer for Ride Along 2, I was  excited and wanted to go see it once it came out.

After watching Ride Along, I was hoping for a squeal. When I saw the first trailer for Ride Along 2, I was excited and wanted to go see it once it came out.

ridealong.com

ridealong.com

Cinda Vaughn, Reporter

As his wedding day approaches, Ben heads to Miami with his soon-to-be brother-in-law James to bring down a drug dealer who’s supplying the dealers of Atlanta with product. (IMBD)

After  watching the first Ride Along, I was hoping for a squeal. When I saw the first trailer for Ride Along 2,  I was  excited and wanted to go see it once it came out. The day it came out, I checked to see what the rating was, and it wasn’t strong. I was a little disappointed because the movie looked good. I went to Rotten Tomatoes to see why it was rated a 13%, but the audience scored it a 56%. Peter  Travers from Rolling Stones says, “Hart and Cube are too good to settle for hawking leftovers. They deserve better. So do we.”  He gave the movie an original score of 2/4.

I had mixed emotions going to see this movie because Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 13% rating, but kids at my school said it was great and better than the first one. So, I thought I would check it out for myself.

Some of the scenes were just boring, and kind of clownish. The beginning started out kind of slow, which worried me, and Kevin Hart was just a little t0o much for  me in the beginning. Don’t get me wrong, Kevin Hart is funny and all, but he was just a little too much.  Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are great together, yes, but adding Ken Jeong, Olivia Munn, Sherri Shepherd, and Benjamin Bratt was great in my opinion because it gave the movie a little more depth and didn’t keep the movie all about Ben (Kevin) and James (Cube).

The story line was good, the plot was good as well, but I felt like there should have been something more. I was waiting for the romance to build between Munn and Cube but it didn’t really happen. All and all I thought it was a good movie, but I don’t know if I would buy it when it comes out on DVD. I would give the movie three out of five stars because it was good, but it wasn’t great and spectacular.

“I thought is was really funny, and it was way better than the first one. I saw it a few weeks after it came out and it was still packed. I would rate it a 95% because I thought it was clever and Kevin Hart is my favorite. Kevin and Ice Cube are adorable together. I didn’t like the ending, well I liked that they went off together but I wanted to see Ice cube and Olivia Munn like kiss or something. I really liked it overall and I want to buy it when it comes out,” senior Lauren Duffer says.