I have just one question

Truth or Dare? The new movie Truth or Dare came out on April 13, 2018. The movie follows a group of friends trapped in a life or death game of truth or dare.

IMDb

Connor Hurelbrink, Executive Producer

Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare released in theaters on April 13, 2018. The movie is based on a group of friends who are stuck in a life or death game of truth or dare.

The movie starts when the group is on spring break in Mexico. Olivia, one of the main characters, is charmed by a man named Carter who led the group to an abandoned church. When everyone wants to leave, Carter suggests that they play truth or dare. After everyone has had a turn, Carter reveals they are all in danger because he initiated them into the game.

The rest of the movie focuses on the group’s struggle to free themselves from the cursed game of truth or dare. The demon, who cursed the game,  forces the group members to play truth or dare by secretly possessing the bodies of people around the target. It makes the target pick, truth or dare, then gives them something they have to do, often hurting others around them or revealing their deepest secrets. The dwindling group eventually finds out there are other people struggling with the same curse. They try and connect with others who are stuck in the game with them.

The overall idea of the movie was a great one, however, it did not feel like it met its full potential. The ending felt rushed and confusing. I felt like there were so many ways the end of the movie could have happened, sadly, I was left feeling disappointed with how it ended.

I give Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare 3 out of 5 stars. My main reasons for the low rating are the lack of a “wrap-up” ending, hurriedness, and length. I believe that if there were an extra 15 minutes added to the film, it would satisfy all of my main complaints about the movie.