Denton Little’s review date

Available.+Denton+Little%27s+Death+Date+is+sitting+at+the+MHS+library+ready+to+be+checked+out.+
Available. Denton Little's Death Date is sitting at the MHS library ready to be checked out.

Spencer Litteral

Spencer Litteral

mozilla/5.0 (linux; android 8.0.0; pixel 2 build/opd3.170816.023; wv) applewebkit/537.36 (khtml, like gecko) version/4.0 chrome/65.0.3325.109 mobile safari/537.36 [fb_iab/fb4a;fbav/163.0.0.43.91;]

mozilla/5.0 (linux; android 5.1.1; e6782 build/lmy47v; wv) applewebkit/537.36 (khtml, like gecko) version/4.0 chrome/65.0.3325.109 mobile safari/537.36 [fb_iab/fb4a;fbav/163.0.0.43.91;]

Spencer Litteral, Reporter

Ever wish you knew when you would die? Well, in Denton Little’s Death Date, everyone knows when they will. And Denton gets his turn at death at the young age of 17. The story of Denton Little’s Death Date, written by Lance Ruben, follows Denton Little on what should be his last day alive. Denton has just been trying to live a normal life as if he weren’t going to die young. Throughout his death date though, he starts to learn there are a lot of things he still has not learned. He gets messages from people he doesn’t know warning him of danger and can tell his dad is still hiding secrets. With twists and turns everywhere, the story is a really good laugh, mixed with a great adventure.

Denton Little’s Death Date takes a dark subject that you’d think would make a sad book and turns it into one of the funnier books in the past couple years. Instead of showing a morbid side of death, it takes the approach of getting everything done before you are gone, with humor. It’s so much different from books I’ve read, that there isn’t a book I can compare it to, but the sense of humor can range from both ends of light-hearted to mildly raunchy. The story has an intriguing plot that gets you inside the head of Denton.

The book was amazing, and what I will vote for on the Lincoln Book awards list. I give it 8.5/10 stars.