Insurgent

After watching Divergent last year, I was more than ready for Insurgent to come out, the second of The Divergent Series. The excitement was right, the first movie set the bar high and they met the high expectations once again.

Summit Entertainment

Mattie Williams, Staff Reporter

Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) are on the run from  Jeanine (Kate Winslet) and the rest of the Erudites. The couple search for friends and old allies in the fallen city of Chicago. The two begin looking for answers and work hard to find out what Tris’ family sacrificed their lives to protect. Once reconnected with with new friends and gaining a few new ones, the couple fights to unravel all the secrets of the world they think they know.

The movie stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet and is directed by Neil Burger. The movie is based off a trilogy book series by Veronica Roth, who is one of New York Times best sellers. IMDb states,  “This is a well done sequel that is grander (no more endless training) and more urgent than the first. The simulations are visually inventive and engrossing without being too spectacular to pull apart the story.” Overall they thought it was very well done and thought it was much better than  The Hunger Games trilogy which it is compared to on the daily.

In my opinion the movie was really well done, with a few confusing parts, but overall it was very good. It had suspense, comic relief, drama, romance, and action all in one movie.