Spring to life

Spring fever! Emily Peterson catches a bass while fishing. Peterson states,

Spring fever! Emily Peterson catches a bass while fishing. Peterson states, "I caught my first fish of the year, so that's pretty cool."

Cameron Getz

Cameron Getz

Cameron Getz, Reporter

Spring break for Meridian was April 13-17, which allowed students to enjoy some time off. 

With the nice weather rolling in, students were able to have a good time over break by doing things such as fishing, running, and just enjoying their time out of school. Emily Peterson, a student at Meridian, says, “I had a great time over break enjoying time with my family on Easter, and I went fishing with some of my friends.”

Nate Durbin, also a student at Meridian, enjoyed his vacation, “Over break, I had a track meet and I got first in my best event, and on Easter, I went to my grandma’s house, so overall I had a pretty good break.”

Spring break was the perfect time for everyone to enjoy the nice weather and see some family members they might not get to see very often. Nathan Berger, a student at Meridian, stated, “My favorite part of spring break was just hanging out with friends and playing Xbox, but I also got to see some family members that I don’t see very often.”

Easter was over spring break and some people may have had to prepare for that. Durbin said that his mom hid Easter eggs in his room without him knowing, and he was confused when he kept finding eggs with candy and money in them.

Justin Hendrian, a senior at Meridian, had some fun finding Easter eggs himself. Hendrian said, “Every year for Easter, everyone in my family heads over to my grandma’s house. We always have a big lunch and then the parents will go outside and hide the eggs while the rest of us would stay inside. We usually pick teams and this year, I was with my niece Lily Windell. It’s always a great pleasure to watch her face brighten up whenever she finds an Easter egg.”