Pretty in prom
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
With prom just around the corner, it can be stressful trying to find the perfect dress! With some many different styles and colors finding the best one for you can be hard. Here are some of the biggest trends of 2017 to help you out!
- Crop Tops- 2017 is definitely a year of crop tops. Work on that summer body and flaunt a little skin at prom. These dresses are sure to get attention.
- Flowers- Floral patterns are everywhere this year. The flower pattern goes well with any type of dress such as two-pieces, long, short, and even ball gowns. Or you can embrace the floral patterns with embroidered flowers.
- Sheer Mesh-Show a little skin with sheer mesh. People are choosing sheer mesh to give a little sneak peak without showing everything.
- Bling- Bling has always been a big thing with prom. Sequins and crystals everywhere, you will be sure to stand out. Prom is a time to feel girly so get your bling out.
- Simple- A big trend this year is simple dresses. Elegant long simple dresses have become a favorite in teens during prom. These dresses are beautiful and a different take on prom from all the bling and poof. “I wanted something less expensive and less bling, the dress from last year was heavy and I just wanted to tone it down this year,” said Dominique McPeek.
- Ballgowns- Who doesn’t wanna feel like a princess on prom night? You will be sure to steal the show with your big pouffy dress.
- Mermaids- Mermaid dresses are a big favorite in proms all around. What girl doesn’t wanna look like a princess from under the sea? “I think the shape of a mermaid is flattering,” said Marissa Oliver.
Hope these tips help you pick that perfect dress. Don’t wait too long to pick your dress prom is right around the corner!