Being single on Valentine’s Day

Hannah Morrow

More stories from Hannah Morrow

Love Ya! Keirsten Francisco holds up a candy heart. Francisco will be single this Valentine's Day.

Love Ya! Keirsten Francisco holds up a candy heart. Francisco will be single this Valentine's Day. "It makes me sad because I see all the chocolate and all the love in the air."

Corryn Brock

Corryn Brock

When asking Meridian High School students what they were doing for Valentines Day and what it is like being single on Valentines Day, there were some very interesting and funny answers.

Claire Reynold’s plans for Valentine’s Day includes, “going to eat at Olive Garden all by myself.” Claire also commented about what it was like spending Valentine’s Day single, “Great, I will be able to eat all of the breadsticks at my table!”

Keirsten Francisco said that her plans for Valentine’s Day were staying home all by herself.  When she was asked how she felt about being single on Valentine’s Day she said, “It makes me sad because I see all the chocolate and all the love in the air.”

Kirstynn Cawthon was asked what her plans for Valentine’s Day are and she said, “I plan to stay home and relax by myself and probably going to take a bath with some bath bombs and scented candles and just chill out.”   Kirstynn also said that if she was to go anywhere it would be to the movies by herself.  “I’m actually pretty excited about it [being single], A.  because I don’t have to buy anything for a boyfriend or anybody and B.  because I was in a relationship for two years and was tied down and now I’m free and can do whatever I want.”

There’s many different plans for Valentine’s Day this year, anything from going out to dinner to staying home and relaxing.  Overall it seems that the feelings are mixed about being single on Valentine’s Day.  Some are happy with their single status and others are wishing they had that special someone to spend Valentine’s Day with this year.