Expected repeat

Back+to+back%3F+As+the+track+season+rolls+around+again%2C+Noah+Adams+is+expecting+to+go+back+to+back+on+state+titles+in+high+jump.+%22+My+favorite+part+of+starting+off+track+season+is+seeing+what+new+heights+I+can+get+to.%22+says++Adams.+
Back to back? As the track season rolls around again, Noah Adams is expecting to go back to back on state titles in high jump.

Back to back? As the track season rolls around again, Noah Adams is expecting to go back to back on state titles in high jump. " My favorite part of starting off track season is seeing what new heights I can get to." says Adams.

Cole Babcock

Cole Babcock

Cole Babcock, Reporter

Noah Adams has it all when it comes to high jumping for the Meridian Hawks track team.  Adams is not only tall, skinny and an outstanding athlete BUT he also holds the title of last year’s state champion in the high jump for class 1A.  He won this state title with an incredible 6’10″ jump.  Many students and Meridian fans wonder, can he win again?   With his hard work, experience and motivation, this year may prove a repeat.  

“I think Noah will be the state champion again, he will be competing against younger kids and has a great chance to win,” says Drake Baker.  If anyone follows Meridian sports and the players, it is Baker.  Baker believes the only competition Adams will face would be Adam Miller, student at Pana High School.  He believes that is a stretch, though.  “Noah is stronger and more confident since he won last year, he’s got this,” Baker says.  

Adams has been training hard with his personal coach, Drew Holl, to make a repeat his senior year.  “I am training and working very hard with Holl to win,” said Adams.  As most of the Meridian community knows, Adams has committed to the University of Illinois to be a member of the track team.  “I am working hard for my senior year and for my future at the U of I,” states Adams.  

So, will Noah Adams be the 2016 high jump class 1A state champion? The Meridian community believes he will bring home the title for the second time. He is confident.  He is determined.  He is a hard worker with amazing talent.  The entire community is proud of you, Noah Adams.  Good luck this year in track and get the REPEAT!

Oh and Good luck at the U of I. ILL – INI!!