Fired or blazed?

Burned by TheBlaze. Tomi Lahren faced suspension and termination of employment within a week of each other, many believing that it is due to pro-choice comments made on The View. Her former boss, Glenn Beck, argues the contrary. Hannah Morrow, Meridian senior says,

The Blaze's Tomi Lahren (screen grab)

Burned by TheBlaze. Tomi Lahren faced suspension and termination of employment within a week of each other, many believing that it is due to pro-choice comments made on The View. Her former boss, Glenn Beck, argues the contrary. Hannah Morrow, Meridian senior says, "I think her getting fired was coming soon, her whole show is hypocritical if you didn't have the same opinion as her, she didn't give you the time of day and her whole show was just her opinion when in reality no news show is like that."

Corryn Brock, Reporter

Tomi Lahren recently claimed to be “pro-choice” during an interview, a contradiction to the typically conservative opinions she expresses.

On March 17, 2017, Lahren was placed on suspension with her employing network, TheBlaze, followed by an announcement of the termination of her employment on March 26, 2017. Following the announcement of her suspension, it has been questioned as to whether or not it was contradicting the commonly shown conservative views from the network. Many believe stating her pro-choice views were the downfall of her employment at TheBlaze, as they deeply oppose the views of the network. Hannah Reichert believes, “if it wasn’t the exact reason she was fired, I think it did play a role in her firing” and that firing Lahren for such reasons was unconstitutional. “It is said in the Constitution that we have freedom of speech. We have a right to our own opinion. No matter if it is at the dinner table or on a talk show,” says Reichert. Not everyone agrees with Reichert, however, Lahren has received numerous Tweets from former supporters. One man going by the handle @rightwingryan86 tweeted, “@TomiLahren @TheView You lost all credibility with the pro choice comment.”

Other tweets came pouring in as soon as the episode had been broadcast:

“@TomiLahren @TheView A pro-abortion ‘conservative’ Just unfollowed you. Look me up when you come to your senses, sweetie.” (@strati)

“@TomiLahren Nice knowing you, Tomi. Pro choice is pro abortion. You’re over.” (@lindaberger)

“@TomiLahren @TheView thanks for using your platform to defend those without a voice…oh, wait you sold out.” (@camitchell123)

“@tomilahren @theview why would you ever even give the view the time of day! das crazy” (@LolaKenzie)

Though the exact cause of Lahren’s termination may never be known, situations like this will continue to spark conversation as to what is and what is not covered by the Constitution; and the American people will be able to voice their opinions each time.