Where did the time go?

Time flies, daylight savings time may throw off students' schedules. Sophomore Matthew Maxwell said,

Time flies, daylight savings time may throw off students' schedules. Sophomore Matthew Maxwell said, "I don't know why it affected me so bad, but I was really tired the next day."

Drew Snow

Drew Snow

Drew Snow, Reporter

On Sunday, March 12, daylight savings time occurred once again, setting the clocks forward and taking away an hour of time.

Senior Patrick Smith said, “I don’t like it because it messes up sleep schedules.” On Monday, March 13, Smith “stayed home and caught up on sleep” because his sleeping schedule was so disturbed.

Daylight savings time is a set-in-stone event that always occurs the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. The cycle has just now begun and on October 29, the clocks will once again be set back an hour.

This event causes positive and negative effects on people. Freshman Erica Corzine said, “Daylight savings time is pointless. I don’t get why it is a thing.” While sophomore Alexis Rosenberger stated, “I like the fact that it’s light out a little longer now instead of getting dark at like 5 pm.”

The main reasons for daylight savings time are to advance clocks in the summer months so that the evening daylight lasts an hour longer and to make good use of daylight and to save energy. Meaning in the summer, more natural light will be used instead of electricity.

Corzine said she “mourned the loss of her hour of sleep, but will be glad when I get it back in the future.” Daylight savings time is an ever-lasting cycle so you will always gain what you lose and lose what you gain.