Nail artist at 16

Aleshia+Lowe+does+cousin+Mya+Merris%27+nails+for+practice%2C+it+took+around+two+and+a+half+hours+but+it+was+worth+the+cuteness.+Black+with+shiny+coating%2C+middle+finger+with+design%2C+stiletto.+%22It+makes+me+feel+more+confident+when+she+does+my+nails+and+I+have+them+on%2C%22+says+Merris.+
Aleshia Lowe does cousin Mya Merris' nails for practice, it took around two and a half hours but it was worth the cuteness. Black with shiny coating, middle finger with design, stiletto.

Aleshia Lowe does cousin Mya Merris' nails for practice, it took around two and a half hours but it was worth the cuteness. Black with shiny coating, middle finger with design, stiletto. "It makes me feel more confident when she does my nails and I have them on," says Merris.

Aleshia Lowe

Aleshia Lowe

Madison Kirkland, Reporter

Aleshia Lowe

Aleshia Lowe does her own nails for practice and to show off. Maroon, almond shape.

Junior, Aleshia Lowe, has started doing acrylic nails from home with her own tools and skills for anyone who would like them done for a cheap price.

The idea started one day when Lowe got bored and wanted to do her own nails. She paid for the materials from Sally’s and online with her own money when she came up with enough. She started practicing on herself, a practice- hand, and others who volunteered, like her friends and family before she made anyone pay. She watched many YouTube videos trying to do it like the actual nail spas.

Normally, she does the nails after school or on the weekends. Lowe does them at her own home or she will go to their house if preferred. At the beginning, it would take her about two hours if not a little longer, now it takes her than two hours and the time goes by quicker.

“I like to see what I am capable of doing, and the outcome of the different nails,” says Lowe.

Eighth grader, Mya Merris, cousin of Lowe, feels that stiletto is her favorite shape that Lowe has done. Merris was one of the first set of hands Lowe got to work on, at first it took around two and a half hours for her to do them, now she does them super fast. Merris has had her nails done by Lowe four times since she has started.

“It makes me feel more confident when she does my nails and I have them on,” states Merris.

Senior, Brea Miller, another one of Lowe’s clients thinks the most unique thing about Lowe doing nails is she can do many different designs and shapes of the nails.

“She does good and doesn’t hurt my fingers like actual nail places do, so I feel safe,” informs Miller.

On a scale of 1-10, Miller rates Lowe about a nine, because she can do a lot for an outsider and she is careful and safe. She tries to make the nails as perfect as she can to make everyone happy.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Nail artist at 16”

1. Emily Peterson on March 10th, 2017 7:59 am

I really like this article I think it’s different and fun. It is a good idea and a smart and quick way to get some money. It seems safe too.

[Reply]

2. Ryielee Buggar on March 10th, 2017 8:14 am

Aleshia looks very talented in nail art. Even though she hasn’t been doing acrylic nails that long you can tell she puts a lot of effort into her art and detailing. Keep up the amazing work.

[Reply]

3. Abby Chapman on March 10th, 2017 12:20 pm

Thank you for covering this Madison! It’s nice to see how people spend their time outside of school and different hobbies they pick up.

[Reply]

4. Karena Ozier on March 12th, 2017 9:47 pm

I really want to have Aleshia do my nails! She is obviously an expert!

[Reply]

5. Megan Hill on March 31st, 2017 2:01 pm

I love that this is a fun way to make money, rather than working in a restaurant for example. I definitely will be asking Aleshia to do my nails for prom!

[Reply]

• Nail artist at 16

Meridian lands journalism success at sectionals

• Nail artist at 16

Macon County’s new police training facility

• Nail artist at 16

Student teacher gets job for next year

• Nail artist at 16

Meridian Middle School preforms at Busch Stadium

• Nail artist at 16

Here in my second home – all about Meridian’s exchange student

• Nail artist at 16

Jefferson or Burr? Choose! But, why not both?

• Nail artist at 16

Where did the time go?

• Nail artist at 16

Transgender bathrooms: what students think

• Nail artist at 16

Mark it off the bucket list, Meridian Moments made the SISPA Golden Dozen

• Nail artist at 16

1920’s board game

Nail artist at 16